I made this for my Hubby’s Birthday, and thought I would share the recipe!
(http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2008/06/chocolate-kahlua-cake.html) The cake turned out really well… it was flavorful and moist. If you have an occasion… or not… try out this cake. You will not be disappointed!
(Unfortunately, I realized too late that I forgot to take a photo of my cake… such a bummer!)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled (I just used the microwave, and it worked fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (or you can use strongly brewed coffee)
- P(reheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease three round cake pans, line them with parchment paper, then grease and flour the paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy, then gradually add sugar, beating for a few minutes. Next, add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add 1/4 cup Kahlua and beat until blended.
- Combine flour and next three ingredients, then add to the wet mixture alternately with the milk. (Beginning and ending with the flour mixture.) Then stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Pour batter into pans and bake at 350 for 20 mins, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on wire racks, then remove from pans. Peel off the paper and brush with 1/3 cup Kahlua.
- Once completely cooled, frost ’em and layer them up!
Chocolate Kahlua Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 0z) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar, divided
- 3 (1 oz) chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and chocolate, beat until smooth. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and Kahlua, beating until spreading consistency.
- Frost your cake. Enjoy!
Source: The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2008/06/chocolate-kahlua-cake.html … check out her blog for more!